victory at last! this week i actually got some work done and finished the “mabelle” version of my simplicity 2183 top, made from a moulage with modified sleeves and neckline.
as you can see, the design changes really make the top look more modern, but with enough vintage feel that i have a great vibe happening today with my top, skinny red courdory trousers, and shawl collar sweater. sort of a 40s-50s mish-mash.
i’m also wearing (unseen) a skinny blue belt with SPARKLES all over it, and my favorite shiny red ballet flats, so i’m feeling pretty good (even with a cold) for a friday.
speaking of fridays, it’s my favorite kind of friday today.
tonight’s agenda is incredibly ambitious and involves a lot of finishing work, including:
- completing the side seams of my camel hair vogue 7937
- hemming a UFO from last year
- hemming my simplicity 2183 skirt
- finishing two collars and two sets of cuffs for two S2183 blouses
- working on my high-waisted vogue skirt, so i can buy boning tomorrow
- working on a new cape, so i can get buttonholes made tomorrow
- working on my pastille blouse, which i cut this week
- working on my meringue/pastille skirt (ditto)
fortunately my best friend from college is coming to visit tonight with her 6-month old daughter. she estimates they will arrive from baltimore at around 1am, giving me plenty of time to work on projects in an attempt to keep myself awake! also, i managed to acquire a special treat:
i cannot wait to see what excuses lady mary and cousin matthew come up with for not getting together this time…