after posting my 2013 thoughts, i stumbled upon this great idea from so i sewed this – she calls them “re-sew-lutions.” i completely agree with her that 2013 should be about enjoyment, and i hereby officially commit to working on these ideas to help me have the most fun and get the most out of my experience in 2013:
- no crazy (self-imposed) deadlines.
- be less critical of finished projects. instead, enjoy the thrill of having finished.
- to focus on enjoying sewing and not feel pressured to fill every corner of my closet with stuff i’ve made – i spotted this thought in an excellent and thought-provoking post at Dixie DIY.
- savor the projects that take a long time to develop…
- …but accept the pleasure and catharsis that a quick fix can bring