i should start off with this embarrassing stat – sewing done: 0.
on my dress form: a modified simplicity 1610, with a stash linen from the late and lamented paron’s annex and some scraps of lizzy house catnap. i’m loving these quilting cottons! the designs are playful but not too cute, and the fabric has a beautiful hand that makes it feel richer than a quilting cotton – it even has some drape.
this weekend in stupid injuries: fingernail, o – dead tree, 1.
things planted: variegated irises inspired by my recent trip to kew gardens, and a crate full of japanese primroses because i love them along the streambed.
regarding that photography workshop: the workshop was a two-day seminar/crash course in iPhone photography taught by one of the all-time digital/analog greats, dan burkholder. i’ve used his techniques on my printing for years and was thrilled to learn about some of his process in person. dan’s work is the type that basically makes me weep, because however technically adept i may be at certain things, i will never have the vision to use an iPhone to make this:
things you should check out if you have not already:
- indie pattern update from fiona
- brasil-themed nettie from rachel
- jennifer’s video for singer
- this review of the BHL flora, and the comments it caused (h/t charlotte at seam ripped, who posted her own very thoughtful comments on the situation)
- melanie’s wedding dress
- this great piece on how a shared interest can break down barriers in unexpected places
- this blog post and writing prompt about “being yourself.”