friends, what a wild and weird week it has been for me here in the ‘time corridor’, to throw in an a propos sailor moon reference. i quit my corporate job this week to open a consulting firm with my father, so that is super-exciting. to have the day finally here, to have seen the demo-ed out office space, gave me a bit of a rush. i am just so lucky to have this situation with my father and our business partners and the positive energy is overwhelming.
speaking of overwhelming, i recently suffered my first major instance of “whoa, OMG, bought too much fabric.” i will not name names but someone we all know and love helped with this issue, but then i compounded it by going to visit the october french jacket class hosted by mendel goldberg and taught, as always, by the lovely susan khalje. her students had a really beautiful array of fabric/lining combos and i quite blatantly copied a gorgeous chanel multicolored plaid/lanvin lining combination from one woman who was making a perfectly fitted, sublimely nipped-in basic V7975 out of it. if you are out there, madam, know that your choice so completely inspired me that i have already muslined, cut out and tailored a version of marfy 1756 that i hope to continue working on this weekend. my version has a zip front and leather accents and it is the most excited i have been about a project in a while. talk about positive energy!
on other fronts…
- jeans! not only am i working on multiple additional pairs of my jean-ius jeans, i am thrilled to be supporting my friend heather by checking out the new ginger pattern. in my new office, i am going for a never-ending supply of gorgeous, business-casual jeans with blazers, and these will help send me on my way.
- in addition to my marfy 1756, i am working on a style arc polly and – of course – constructing it chanel-style. so there’s my entire weekend gone in a flash. what TV to watch in the background? these are the important questions, people. (PS – have you seen the gorgeous hybrid marfy 1756 from leisa at a challenging sew? it actually spurred me to download, print and cut my first-ever PDF pattern – that is how excited it made me to get to work)
- on a shopping trip last week with my cousins, we lurked a chanel pop-up store featuring the styles from the last runway show (you know, the one that was meant to invoke a street protest?) and guess what i saw: quilted boucle chanel trousers. yeah, i was done. picture mine using Simplicity 1371 as a base pattern and…well, i won’t show you the fabric yet. but it’s intense.
- COATS! meet gerard.
- shortcut butterick 5952 with silk cami, pleated taffeta skirt, fold-over booties. i think i am in love
- cropped (but comfy!) white sweater with re-fashioned advance 3951, pink tights, and COMBAT BOOTS. because me.
- peter and the wolf trousers with white silk blouse and black kitten heels
- original vogue 7975 with white button-down, original elizabeth and james ‘crosby’ jeans, and kitty cat ballet flats
- refashioned advance 3929 with purple top, gap cardigan, and brown leather booties
- alabama chanin self-drafted skirt with cream silk shell and elie tahari emrboidered blazer
- cammo jeans!!! with black t-shirt, pearls and heels
- jcrew cashmere sweater and kitty cat skirt with tights, socks and combat boots to be cozy on a rainy work day
- haters gonna hate. and liberty denim jeans.
- me and the happy couple, in my tie-dyed chanel and screenprinted alabama chanin camisole (both unblogged)
- nothing says beautiful late october weather like a cape that could have cost $1400 but that i made for a fraction of that
- my favorite liberty skirt and a cashmere turtleneck i wish i had for every day of the week, tights, booties
- sweater, blouse, and cammo jeans for my first day of my new life. and also…